Event 24 March – ‘Right to Identity: Worldwide problems – Solutions in Brazil’
Right to Identity
Worldwide problems – Solutions in Brazil
Tuesday 24 March 2015 in São Paulo, Brazil
[click on the image to see the presentations]
Photos of the event are posted on our Facebook page.
About the event
This free event gave insight into the importance of the Human Right to Identity, from the perspective of child trafficking, with a special focus illegal intercountry adoptions.
The event marked the recent foundation of the international NGO Brazil Baby Affair and announced the inauguration of the NGO’s division in São Paulo to support both the original Brazilian families and their illegally adopted family members in search of each other, to deliver access to the human right to identity.
About the speakers
- Patrick Noordoven, NGO Brazil Baby Affair – Zurich, ‘Unraveling a Child Trafficking Network’
- Rodrigo Henriques, NGO Brazil Baby Affair – São Paulo
- Gilka Gattás, Projeto Caminho de Volta, USP
- Katia Dantas, International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children
- Manuela Fagundes, Instituto Fazendo História
Everybody was welcome to attend this event, but it was especially interesting for:
- Persons interested in human rights and international relations
- Experts on human rights and rights of the child
- Professionals working in the adoption field
- Foundation representatives with an interest in human rights work
- Journalists writing on human rights issues, specifically children rights and adoption
The event took place at the Impact Hub Paulista, Rua Bela Cintra, 409, São Paulo.